Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Oh The pressure of a blog name.

Oh the pressure of a name.


Well,

My first blog. I've always entertained the idea of a blog
but never got round to it. Finally on an Easter Half term I find
 a moment to do it, type in my name and... 
SORRY, NAME UNAVAILABLE. What?! 
But that's the name I chose, the name I want. 
Furious.
Take 2. Begrudgingly I type in my second, halfhearted name.
SORRY, NAME UNAVAILABLE.
You ARE kidding me?
This goes on for a series of names so then I decide WELSH! 
I'll find the perfect name in welsh. But no, every welsh female 
interested in the same things I am have come and taken any 
half decent welsh blog name. Goodness gracious, Oh the pressure of a name.
I sat looking around my house for inspiration but no luck.
 I went to bed with a headache and vowed the blog wasn't for me.
Wake up the next day and start my "spring clean" where I find 
my gorgeous Laura Ashley boxes hidden away on a cupboard upstairs
 in the spare room and decide they need a bit of showing off. 
 Be be Its spring, they are floral, they are moving to the livingroom. 
I can't afford new ones I'm on a budget here. 
As I'm wiping off the dust I think to myself THAT'S IT! 
I love doing everything "on a budget" I rush to the laptop, 
QUICK find the flipping charger I've found the perfect name 

"Girl on a budget". Type it in as fast as my fingers would let me.

SORRY NAME UNAVAILABLE! For the love of...

"Female on a budget!"

SORRY NAME UNAV-  OH F*** SAKE!!!

You can tell feel my frustration by this point. 
I sat in dismay looking at the keyboard thinking there 
are far too many bloody blogs out there, when, 
Dreamer on a budget springs to mind. I tap it in. 
BLOG NAME AVAILABLE with a beautiful purple exclamation mark! 
No yellow or red. HALLELUJAH I've found a name. 
It may not be the most thought out, intellectual, 
inspiring blog name in the world... BUT ITS MINE! 

and guess what?!
If you type in "Dreamer on a budget" into the "create blog" section. 
Guess what its going to say?

2 comments:

  1. Aww Lau so glad you are blogging! You will love it :) Get on to Bloglovin' so I can follow you :D Here is my link too https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/wanderlust-daydreaming-12448219

    Abi xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how to do this. haha. Bare with me, I'll find you, one day...

    ReplyDelete