Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Money Savvy

Learning to be Money Savvy.


My Home is my little piece of heaven. It's beginning to shape into a place I want to spend ALL my time. Over the past 4 months of winter I've been swapping the heels and champagne lifestyle for slippers and cups of tea and I'm not depressed or sad, I'm really quite happy. Saving the pennies for key items for my home. 

I do EVERYTHING on a budget. I have to. I don't have a tonne of money. I wasn't born into money and unless I work really hard, I never will have any. So I work 2 jobs every week 6 days a week. Then during the school holidays I do my third job too. Then after all that working I want to hold onto as many of those pennies as I can but I'm a shopaholic. 

I spent my student loan on a holiday to mexico with my best friend Kayleigh Dears (That's a story for another blog!) 
and am digging myself out of a student overdraft month by month, I am absolutely  terrible with money. Or used to be. 

Enter the purse pleasing, penny pinching lifestyle.
I literally search high and low for what I want and the price I want. So i'll share my finds with you, hopefully inspire you with the things I find along the way. I love shabby chic, vintage, but also clean, country and even modern spaces. I love designers such as Emma Bridgewater, Laura Ashley, Cath Kidston and you'll say "They are not purse pleasing." "£70 for a cushion isn't on a budget!" but you have to find alternatives, seconds, style duplicates or wait for the SALE!  When you get fed up of the same four walls even a bit of upcycling, room re-arranging can make a space feel totally different. Charity shop finds can be amazing too. 

You can see more of my home on my instagram page. Lauraamie27.


by using the hash-tag: 

#Lauralucyhome





No comments:

Post a Comment