Pages

Thursday 18 February 2016

The Perfect Valentines

Emma Bridgewater Factory 
Experience Day


All Emma Bridgewater fans will understand why waking up to an experience day all booked and planned for valentines was the most perfect present! My Lucy is the best. We woke up early and made the Journey to Stoke-On-Trent and my excitement was bubbling up the whole way. I felt as if I was going on a blind date, I was nervous excited. Would it be what I expected? Would I be let down? Is it as amazing as my dreams?

Driving up to the building of my dreams

We arrived just in time to take the Factory Tour and our tour guide Jane was lovely! I actually learnt so much, the pottery is made from four different types of clay and get put into these moulds to set! (The handles included!)
I asked so many questions but I won't bore you with them now! All I will say is, the price is absolutely justified.
  
It was then onto Afternoon tea. Which of course was served on full Emma Bridgewater classics! The food was delicious I fully recommend if anyone is planning a trip!



We then got to do some shopping with 15% in the gift shop! I got some feels Like Home hand wash for the bathroom and a wallflower filled candle pot! Smells divine! I absolutely love the wallflower spring collection.
We then had some bargains in the outlet which is loads of fun! Knowing how much your saving is brilliant and I don't even mind a slightly uneven pattern. especially when you consider how long it takes the ladies in the decorating studios to design them!




Next stop was the decorating studio and it is MOST CERTAINLY harder than it looks I can tell you. wow. Our mugs came out more like Primary School children had painted them. Lucy went for a safari theme -- her elephant didn't go to plan and then she added what she thought was kangaroo but even funnier when she shows me her 'kangaroo' its actually a FOX sponge! So she has a fox in her African landscape! 
Mine starts off well with summer strawberries inside the rim of the mug and it just went downhill from there. haha! My free hand bumble bees weren't so bad! we will find out once they've been fired and shipped out to us in around two weeks time!

All round, I had a wonderful day! Emma Bridgewater fans you simply must go! I will be re-visiting for more bargain hunting, afternoon tea and BETTER pottery decorating! haha!

Hugs,
Laura x


No comments:

Post a Comment