Pages

Sunday 18 June 2017

Those Little Touches


Home accessories are the perfect touch for any room. A pretty clock, a lamp, vase or jug and candle sticks can completely change a shelf or windowsill. As everyone who follows me on Instagram now knows I love Laura Ashley and Emma Bridgewater so they are featured in almost every room, however there are so many purse pleasing home stores to check out for pretty house buys. My faves are:



These three places have the most gorgeous home items and I shop there regularly. Not forgetting vintage shops, charity shops, Antique fairs and small local businesses. Also, family and friends who are downsizing or moving home usually have boxes of stuff they no longer want. Ask for a rummage, one persons trash is another persons treasure, right?


This gorgeous frame was from a sort out at Lucy's grandparents house. It now has pride of place in the lounge and it's none other than Laura Ashley. I am in love with it. It's always worth checking out charity shops for art work because the price difference is insane. 

Colours and Patterns

The minute I put a colour on a wall or buy a bold wallpaper I hate it within a week. I've started opting for whites, creams and silvers in all my decorating and then adding pops off colour in vases, picture frames, cushions and throws. That was I can mix and match with the seasons and I don't get bored of a room. For me, if I choose a wallpaper it's usually a white base with a silver or pearl pattern. I guess I just don't like colour commitment. (that made me laugh as I typed it - I am ridiculous)

Accessories 

My favourite items to purchase at the moment has to be lamps and candles. If my wax melts and candle stash run too low I can feel my pulse speed up. Having two cats and chihuahua's in the house I am very conscious about it being clean and tidy always and smelling fresh. There's nothing worse than the smell of dog in a house. (sorry fellow animal lovers) I would fill my house with rescued animals If I could but the smell of them isn't exactly delightful. The  pet beds and blankets are washed weekly and I love a nice dog perfume every now and again to get those pooches smelling wonderful! 

Thanks for reading, I am enjoying a Sunday blog as of late. Let's hope I stick to it this time. 
Hugs,

Laura-Amie xx





No comments:

Post a Comment